Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rant

I have become awash with hypocrisy.
Drunk with delusion.
Am I really better than you? Am I happier? Am I living the American Dream?
Hardly.
Angry, that's what I am.
Why so angry?
Angry at you and your stupid ideals, your happy life, your brisk walk,
your smile.
Wipe that smile off your face.
How can you be mad at a stranger?
I peer at everyone, anyone...I have judged your life and character in one single glance.
I am usually pretty accurate.

Currently unable to form complete sentences, able only to mumble babbling platitudes.
Looking deep , I look for signs of life, for love...
I find no pink, red, or orange to speak of.
It is a vacuum, a void of space.
Can color exist in a vacuum?
Hardly.
The soul is void, empty.
Sucked out by the leeches, I have let break down the wall.
Have I saved a bit for myself..I was always good at savoring the last bit.

the bit I saved...shit! It's too moldy.

1 comment:

candacemorris said...

mold = green in the beginning.

a sign of life.
we must see....
we must fight...